Friday, May 10, 2013

Are Video Games Truly Bad for Kids’ Health?

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/are_video_games_truly_bad_for_kids_health

     The article "Are Video Games Truly Bad for Kids’ Health?" by Neha John-Henderson is talking about if video games can be really bad for us. In the article it states that it's video games fault that little kids get fat, lazy, violent, and withdrawn, among other social ills. Which I believe it's true and I agree with that statement 100%. In the article there're talking abut how they did a survey on more than four thousand public high school students in Connecticut. They did that survey to find information on how video games affect these kids. They found out that it was like a drug to them. An addiction to video games is like an addiction to drugs and it's hard to recover from. I can talk from experience because I used to be on my xbox 24/7 non stop play all day everyday I was addicted to it and I didn't even know till I lost friends and people that I loved. That's when I opened my eyes and got rid of the video games and started my life again. In the article they had a different survey where it shows how problematic gamers. For example "The survey results show that problematic gamers are much more likely to smoke cigarettes, be aggressive, and show symptoms of being depressed. Interestingly, problematic gaming was not linked to a student’s grades, extracurricular activities, or the use of drugs and alcohol. " Which this shows that problematic gamers don't do drugs which is the good part.

No comments:

Post a Comment